Hydra/DDEIS Spectrogram Description
Spin-averaged electron and ion counts as a function of energy, E, and universal time, t.
Corrections that have been made to the raw spacecraft counts:
- Glint removal
- Dead-time correction
- Background removal (if possible)
- Intra-box gain correction
- Inter-box gain correction
- The average energy for both electrons and ions appears as a black line.
- To the right of the spectrogram:
Orbit plot shows the location of the spacecraft with respect to the earth and it's magnetic field.
- Above the spectrogram:
- L(R_E), the equatorial distance from the center of the earth to the dipole magnetic field line the spacecraft is traversing.
- Lat_ML, the latitude of the spacecraft in SM (Solar-Magnetospheric) coordinates.
- PSI Status Bar, indicates whether or not the PSI experiment is running.
- Electron Background Status Bar, indicates the value of the background subtracted from the electron counts.
- Below the spectrogram:
- Ion Background Status Bar, indicates the value of the background subtracted from the ion counts.
- UT, Universal Time, in hours.
- ILT, Invariant Latitude, which is defined as the latitude of the foot of the dipole magnetic field line which the spacecraft is traversing.
- MLT, Magnetic Local Time
- R, the distance to the spacecraft in units of earth radii.